Sunday, July 13, 2008

Introduction

With gardening I feel like in 30 years I might have some idea what I'm doing, if I start gardening now. I've tried gardening in the past, but the results have often been disappointing (typically because I go out of town part way through the summer and I come home to a jungle of pigweed). The same goes with my gardening notebooks--as delightful as it would be to stumble across them in a dusty steamer trunk in my attic when I'm a master gardener 30 years in the future (hah!), these usually start off strong and then peter out. So, taking a cue from the success I've had in keeping Extra Schmaltz up-to-date, I'm going to throw the paper notebook out altogether and move this endeavor online. Hopefully with this notebook on the computer, I'll be more inclined to update it in my free time. This is really just for my own purposes, but I'll keep the blog public in case someone stumbles across it and finds something useful.


A fiery sunset over County 10 Blvd and the neighboring farm. I feel like we're renting a little piece of heaven.

No comments: